Monday, October 5, 2009

And Now We Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Program


How could this much time pass so quickly?Ok, ok! I know I am remiss regarding my blog-I just can't seem to dedicate time to it like I should. I am running out of excuses! Yes, it was a busy summer, but a year?! (Well, almost a year.)


Due to the economy I didn't sign up for as many art shows for 2009 as I would usually. This was a good thing. The shows I've done have had fewer people buying less. I just completed the Pyramid Hill Art Fair and a combination of bad weather and the economy (I assume) kept the crowd non-existant on Saturday and light on Sunday. I love this show as it is in my hometown area and I enjoy visiting with relatives and old friends. The park is an amazing collection of modern sculptural art in a beautiful wooded setting. I did meet some great people and enjoyed explaining how I fuse glass.
I have been designing more large bowls lately. I still enjoy making strip bowls, but they can be labor intensive, so the one I have up today is somewhat simplified. This is part of my windows series. On this piece, behind the window is a painted "landscape" in companion colors that draws your eye to the center. I know it looks flat, but when trying to photograph it I found that the best part was lost when viewed from the side. The bowl is a little larger than 15 inches in diameter and stands about 4 inches high. If the black lines look crooked, I assure you they are not, it is just the slope of the bowl showing.


1 comment:

Jen said...

One of my colleagues admired the pendant you gave me. He asked whether he could buy something from you for his "lady friend." Any thoughts?