Sunday, August 10, 2008

Glass Quilt Installed!




While it's been a while since I posted, you can be sure that I've been very busy in the studio. I've been working on some commissioned pieces which took up a bit of time, working them in with my regular pieces, plus jewelry is flying out so fast I'm having trouble keeping a good supply on hand. The farm is always top priority, especially in the summer, so sometimes the glass work takes second place, but it's always first in my mind, with ideas swirly around like bees on flowers.

I've been negligent in reporting that the glass quilt has been installed at the Sacred Heart Children's Hospital in Spokane, Washington. While few of us were able to attend the unveiling, Toni Johnson, the queen of coordinators kept all of us informed on the happening with many photos. What an amazing journey it has been! What started out as just a fun project to stretch our glass skills has turned into an incredible "real" quilt to be enjoyed by many. Toni generously allowed me to post several photos here. The three photos above show the piece during assembly, at the unveiling, and a closeup of the list of participants. I am honored to be a part of it. If you remember my piece is "Dancing Inferno." If you go back (a few) blog entries you can see a close up of it.

No comments: