Tuesday, October 30, 2007

You Kept Asking Me...

For those of you who keep asking, and after many requests, I have taken the plunge and started this blog. I know it's not the same as a website, but it's a big step for me. Check in once in a while to see what I'm making.

Originally working in stained glass, almost three years ago I purchased my first kiln and have never looked back. I love cooking glass! There is something "freeing" about leaving the foil, lead, came, etc. behind and just working with the glass.

About three months into fusing I had already outgrown my baby kiln but had to wait a over a year more before I could afford the big one I coveted. What a difference! Now I can produce larger items and more than one thing at a time. I still use my baby kiln for tests and jewelry. I'm addicted...I'm thinking about a mid-size kiln now.

While I tend to make what I call "functional, decorative art" I also like making art pieces. I like doing strip pieces, pattern bars, dichroic jewelry and I've been playing with pot melts. If you are unfamiliar with these terms I suggest you check out www.warmglass.com. I'll explain more about them as time allows.

I hope you enjoy the site!

No comments: